Straight to you from my little Atlanta, Georgia kitchen is the recipe for my Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Shake. It’s sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb, low glycemic, and best of all, it’s oh so delicious! This flavor combination reminds me a bit of the Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses that show up on the shelves around Halloween wrapped in the black and orange wrappers. Oh, be still, my heart!
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein Powder (I use Trim Healthy Mama Pristine Whey Protein Powder)
- 2 Teaspoons Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet or Pyure (Walmart – Turquoise & Purple Bag) Note: The amount of Pyure will convert to 4 teaspoons for this recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon of Trim Healthy Mama MCT Oil or Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 Rounded Tablespoons of Natural Peanut Butter (no added sugar)
- 2 Pinches of Sea Salt (I use Trim Healthy Mama Mineral Salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Glucomannan (I use Trim Healthy Mama “Gluccie”)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Caramel Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups of Ice or 10 “Old School” Ice Cubes Made in a Tray (Yes, I do that) – add more ice if you’d like a bigger, thicker shake.
Put all ingredients in a blender, give them a good spin, pour in your favorite, fun shake glass and prepare to be amazed. I assure you, it will be hard to believe this delightful concoction is sugar-free. This is just what we need during the dog days of summer here in “Hotlanta.” Enjoy!
I hope you’ll save Oh So Delicious in your reader or favorites. Also, I love comments and would enjoy hearing from you in the comments section. Y’all come back, now. I’ll be posting daily during the week.
NOTE I: My husband’s (type II diabetic) blood sugar before drinking this shake – 130. One hour after drinking this shake – 129. Yes, you read this correctly. Win!