I’ve been toiling away in the “laboratory” today coming up with a new shake recipe. The first creation did not meet “Oh So Delicious” standards, and was promptly discarded (let’s just say I am sometimes quite daring with ingredients that should be handled with care). That’s why I test everything before it goes on this blog. The Quality Assurance department is of utmost importance around here. Anyway, I’m proud to announce that a delightful Chocolate Covered Cherry shake was born today in Atlanta, Georgia. The flavor is a subtle mix of cacao nibs, cherry and creamy goodness. The cacao nibs are a nice touch as they are still in small bits of chocolatey goodness speckled throughout the shake after blending. I’m sure cocoa powder would be delicious as well though. This frosty confection is sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb, low glycemic, and best of all, it’s oh so delicious! Let’s make this shake!
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese (2% Cottage Cheese – Optional)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Rounded Tablespoon 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Cacao Nibs (or Cocoa Powder)
- 1/2 Scoop Whey Protein Powder (I use Trim Healthy Mama Pristine Whey Protein)
- 4 Teaspoons Pyure (or 2 Teaspoons Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Glucomannan (or Trim Healthy Mama Gluccie)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cherry Flavoring (I used Watkins.) Note: For those who are heavy handed, a little goes a long way.
- 1 or 2 Drops Almond Flavoring (Optional – 1 or 2 drops pack a punch so proceed with caution.)
- 1 1/2 Cup Ice or 10 “Old School” ice cubes (the big cubes that come from an ice-cube tray) 😉
Give all of the ingredients a good spin in your trusty blender. If you’re using the “old school” ice listed in the ingredients, the more powerful the blender, the better. I use a red Vitamix I’ve had for years, and “The Little Engine That Could” just keeps on going. If you’re in the market for a high-speed blender, you can buy a good as new, refurbished Vitamix in an array of fun colors here through Amazon without paying the “new” price: Vitamix Certified Reconditioned Standard Programs Blender, Platinum I’ve always said that if I could only keep one appliance in my kitchen, it would be my Vitamix. I don’t even have to think about it.
Just a note to let you know, I’m a member of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and will receive a small commission if you buy through the links provided on my blog. However, your price will remain the same as it would be if you went straight to Amazon. Also, I am not paid by Amazon to mention any product. My suggestions and links are completely voluntary and selected by me. Believe me, I’m not going to advertise anything that I don’t know to be worthy. We all work hard for our cash.
As always, pour your shake into a fun, festive glass and enjoy! Warning: Sip slowly to avoid brain freeze
This recipe was adapted from the Strawberry Cheesecake Shake recipe in the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook written by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison. You can buy their amazing cookbook here: Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes
Y’all come back, now. I’ll be posting regularly throughout the week.