I ask you, what’s not to love about a vanilla ice cream, shake or cake? Although, Birthday Cake, Chocolate Mint Chip and Chocolate Fudge flavors of ice cream are divine (Hmmm, what about a Vanilla Fudge Shake?), there’s nothing like the classic flavor of a good vanilla in my book. We’ve had quite the lifelong love affair.
“How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Let’s not forget the heavenly fragrance, so be sure to savor the aroma wafting from a good bottle of vanilla. Now we have aromatherapy to add to the list of merits. What are some of your favorite flavors? I’m always looking for new ideas for drink creations. This frosty confection is sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb, low glycemic, and best of all, it’s oh so delicious!
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese (2% Optional)
- 1 Rounded Tablespoon 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Scoop Whey Protein Powder (I use Trim Healthy Mama Pristine Whey Protein)
- 4 Teaspoons Pyure (or 2 Teaspoons Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Glucomannan (or Trim Healthy Mama Gluccie)
- 3/4 Teaspoon Madagascar Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup Ice or 10 “Old School” ice cubes (the big cubes that come from an ice-cube tray) 😉
The great thing about shakes is that they only require a measuring cup, measuring spoons and a blender, so there’s not a lot of clean up (unless we forget to put the lid on the blender). Give all of the ingredients a good whirl in the blender. If you’re using the “old school” ice listed in the ingredients, the more powerful the blender, the better. I use a red Vitamix (not a necessity) I’ve had for years, and “The Little Engine That Could” just keeps on chugging along. As always, pour your shake into a fun, festive glass (make it a big glass for this one) and enjoy! Warning: Sip slowly to avoid brain freeze.
I hope you’ll follow and subscribe to “Oh So Delicious,” and hope you’ll comment as well (comments are most welcome so don’t hesitate). Y’all come back, now. I’ll be posting regularly throughout the week.
This recipe was adapted from the Strawberry Cheesecake Shake recipe in the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook written by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison.
- If you live the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle regarding food, this will be a S fuel source.
- I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.