The Strawberry Lemonade Shake is a summertime in the South drink if I’ve ever tasted one! This frosty concoction takes sittin’ out on the front porch with a sweet tea (sweetened with Super Sweet or Pyure, of course) to a whole new level! I dare say this might even trump the mint julep, but I’ve never had one so I can’t compare. Gasp! This southern girl has never had a mint julip! Have you ever tried a mint julep? Back to the shake making, this frosty mix is sugar-free, gluten-free, low glycemic and blood sugar friendly. Best of all, it’s oh so delicious!
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/3 Cup 1% or 2% Cottage Cheese
- 1 Rounded Tablespoon 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Scoop Whey Protein Powder (I use Trim Healthy Mama Pristine Whey Protein)
- 5-6 Teaspoons Pyure (or 3 Teaspoons Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet)
- 1/4 Rounded Teaspoon Glucomannan (or Trim Healthy Mama Gluccie)
- Juice of 1 Medium Lemon
- Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 Cup of Frozen or Fresh Strawberries or 1/4 teaspoon Strawberry Flavoring
- 1 1/2 Cup Ice or 10 “Old School” ice cubes (those big cubes that come from an ice-cube tray)
Put all magical, frosty confection ingredients in your blender and give them a whirl. As usual, pour into a fun, festive shake glass and enjoy. Warning: Sip slowly to avoid brain freeze. Let’s not fall out of our hammocks (or off the front porch) with a brain freeze! What would the neighbors think (that “someone’s” had a mint julep)? 😉
This recipe was adapted from the Strawberry Cheesecake Shake recipe in the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook written by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison.
I hope you’ll follow and comment (I love to talk). Y’all come back, now. I’ll be posting regularly throughout the week.