Who out there loves cheesecake? I have yet to meet one that I didn’t love. With visions of cheesecakes dancing in my head, I’ve been experimenting with a new shake recipe reminiscent of the rich New York Cheesecake topped with a strawberry puree. Dancing in my memory of cheesecakes of yesteryear is the perfect mingling of ricotta cheese, cream cheese, vanilla and sour cream drizzled with strawberry puree. What? A girl can dream. Hmmm, maybe it’s time to figure out a sugar-free, gluten-free version of this dream cheesecake. Without further adieu, from my little Atlanta, Georgia kitchen to you, here’s my recipe for a Strawberry New York Cheesecake Shake.
This frosty, pink confection is sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb, low glycemic, and best of all, it’s oh so delicious! By the way, your eyes do not deceive you. Yes, the straw is standing up in this shake. It’s that thick!
Ingredients – Single Serving
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Low-fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon (Rounded) 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Scoop Whey Protein Powder (I use Trim Healthy Mama Pristine Whey Protein)
- 6 Teaspoons Pyure (or 3 Teaspoons Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Glucomannan (or Trim Healthy Mama Gluccie)
- 1/4 -1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 1/2 Cup Ice or 10 “Old School” ice cubes (the big cubes that come from an ice-cube tray)
Dump all shake making ingredients into the blender, and give them a good whirl. If you’re using the “old school” ice listed in the ingredients, the more powerful the blender, the better for those bigger cubes. I use a red Vitamix (not a necessity) I’ve had for years, and “The Little Engine That Could” just keeps on chugging along. As always, pour your shake into a fun, festive glass (make it a big glass for this one) and enjoy! Warning: Sip slowly to avoid brain freeze.
Y’all come back, now. I’ll be posting regularly throughout the week. I’m always looking for new shake ideas. What’s your favorite cheesecake? I’d like to know.
This recipe was adapted from the Strawberry Cheesecake Shake recipe in the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook written by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison.
- If you live the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle regarding food, this will be a S fuel source.
- I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.