Guess who just had a Snickers in a glass for breakfast? Yes, I sure did. Do you need a Snickers today? Well, here’s a surprise for you! While rambling around in the kitchen earlier, working on my shake-ology “career,” I do believe I came up with a flurry of deliciousness! After all, how can one go wrong with the decadent combination of salt, caramel, cocoa and peanut butter? This delicious concoction is guaranteed to satisfy even the most extreme sweet tooth. Straight to you from my little Atlanta, Georgia kitchen is my special recipe for a Snickers Shake. This frosty confection is sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb, low glycemic. Best of all, it’s oh so delicious!
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder (Cacao Nibs – Optional)
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein Powder (I use Trim Healthy Mama Pristine Whey Protein Powder)
- 2 Teaspoons Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet or 4 Teaspoons Pyure (Walmart – Turquoise & Purple Bag)
- 1 Tablespoon of Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) Oil (I use Trim Healthy Mama MCT Oil ) or Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 Rounded Tablespoons of Natural Peanut Butter (no added sugar)
- 2 Generous Pinches of Sea Salt (I use Trim Healthy Mama Mineral Salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Glucomannan (I use Trim Healthy Mama “Gluccie”)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Caramel Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups of Ice or 10 “Old School” Ice Cubes Made in a Tray (Yes, I do that) – add more ice if you’d like a bigger, thicker shake.
Put all ingredients in a blender and give them a good spin. Pour in your favorite, fun shake glass and prepare to be amazed. I assure you, it will be hard to believe this delightful concoction is sugar-free. If you love this frosty treat, you might want to take a look at my Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Shake.
Last but not least, what are favorite candy bars that you’d like to see turned into an oh so delicious sugar-free, gluten-free, low-carb shake? Just let me know.
Y’all come back, now. I’ll be posting regularly during the week.