This refreshing all-day sipper is my version of the Good Girl Moonshine (GGMS) in this Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes It’s the perfect combination of raspberry and lime that’s sure to tickle your taste buds. Sometimes apple cider vinegar is not the easiest thing to get used to, but this combination of flavors disguises the vinegar perfectly. You won’t even know this sipper has vinegar in it at all. I just notice a little zing in the taste, but it’s a pleasant type of zing. This “Moonshine” is sugar-free, gluten-free, low-carb and low-glycemic. It also curbs the appetite as well as providing us with the health benefits of a daily dose of apple cider vinegar (with “the mother”). Best of all, it’s oh so delicious!
Before we get to the fun stuff, just a quick note: I’m a member of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and will receive a small commission if you buy through the links on my blog. Your price will remain the same as it would be if you went straight to Amazon. Also, I’m not paid by Amazon to mention any product. My suggestions and links are completely voluntary and selected by me. Onward, to the fun stuff!
Ingredients for Single Serving:
- 2 Raspberry Zinger Tea Bags
- I use Celestial Seasonings brand.
- 2 Teaspoons Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet or 4 Teaspoons Pyure
- Super Sweet and Pyure are blends of Erythritol & Stevia. These blends really do taste like sugar. I’m still in disbelief as I swore off Splenda, etc. long ago because I really didn’t like the taste. I absolutely can’t be without Super Sweet in my kitchen now. You can buy Super Sweet here: Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet Blend Erythritol & Stevia Blend 1 lb (free two-day shipping with Amazon Prime). Pyure can be bought at Walmart. It will be in a turquoise and purple bag. You can also buy Pyure here: Pyure Organic All-Purpose Blend Stevia Sweetener, 16 oz
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- I use Spice Islands ginger. It has a spicier taste
- 1 – 2 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar (With “The Mother”)
- The “mother” is the cloudy sediment in the bottle. I use Braggs because it’s not as harsh tasting as some.
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Water and Ice
- Heat a mug of water in the microwave for three minutes (times will vary depending on your microwave). I’ve had the absolute best tea-brewing mug for years, which comes with an infuser and lid to brew the perfect cup of tea. Amazon should pay me for this one as I’ve told countless tea drinkers about this fab mug over the years as well as bought these as gifts (they’re available in all sorts of fun colors). Here’s the link if you’d like to take a look: FORLIFE Curve Tall Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid 15 ounces, Black Graphite
- Drop in tea bags, cover and steep for at least 5-10 minutes. I’ll tell you a little secret. Sometimes I forget about it and let the tea steep for hours (even more delicious).
- Pour into large 32 ounce Ball or Mason Jar, or a glass with similar capacity.
- Add Super Sweet (or sweetener of your choice), ginger, apple cider vinegar and lime juice.
- Add ice to the top of the jar and fill to the brim with water.
This recipe was adapted from the Good Girl Moonshine recipe in the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook written by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison. You can take a look or buy their amazing cookbook here if you’d like: Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes
Y’all come back, now. I’ll be posting regularly throughout the week.